Yingli Solar is the world's largest solar panel manufacturer. Here are some of the key milestones on our journey:
(Note: To learn more about key milestones in the development of solar photovoltaic technology, please visit our Solar Basics page!)
- Commenced module production with capacity of 3 MW
- Reached 6 MW capacity in ingot, wafer, and cell production and 50 MW in module production
- Obtained UL, IEC and TüV certificates
- Started sales in Germany
- Reached 95 MW capacity in ingot and wafer production, 60 MW in cell production, and 100 MW in module production
- Raised US$ 220 million through a series of private investments
- Completed IPO in June
- Reached 200 MW capacity in ingot, wafer, cell, and module production
- Received net proceeds of US$ 150 million from convertible notes
- Reached 400 MW capacity in ingot, wafer, cell, and module production in September
- Reached 600 MW capacity in ingot, wafer, cell, and module production in July
- Received net proceeds of US$ 227.4 million from follow-on offering of 18,390,000 ADSs
- Became the first China-based company to join PV CYCLE
- Successfully commenced trial production and reached key technology and operating milestones at inhouse polysilicon plant, called Fine Silicon
- Achieved 1 GW of accumulative output of solar modules under the “Yingli Solar” brand since commercial production started in 2003
- Received Social Accountability System SA 8000 certification in December
- Partnership ceremony held for the State Key Laboratory of Photovoltaic Technology at Yingli’s manufacturing base in Baoding in January
- Became an Official Sponsor of 2010 FIFA World Cup?
- In-house polysilicon plant, Fine Silicon, started commercial production
- Introduced the high-efficiency, monocrystalline Yingli Solar PANDA Series based on proprietary n-type cell technology
- 400 MW capacity expansion (100 MW of multicrystalline + 300 MW of monocrystalline capacity)
- Reached a fully vertically integrated production capacity of 1,000 MW in December
- Became Official Premium Partner of FC Bayern München
- Became an Official Sponsor of the 2014 FIFA World Cup? in Brazil
- Reached nameplate capacity of 1.7 GW at the end of 2011
- Became the First Official Renewable Energy Partner of U.S. Soccer
- Became world's largest solar panel manufacturer
- Became the first PV company worldwide to obtain Product Carbon Footprint Verification from TUV Rheinland Group
- Launched the PASS Program: Powering Advancement with Solar and Soccer
- Reached 8GWs of global shipments
- Published our first global sustainability report
- Official Sponsor of 2014 FIFA World Cup?
- Delivered more than 10GW of solar panels worldwide
- More than 14GW of solar panels delivered worldwide
“Sustainability and Social Responsibility of the Photovoltaic (“PV”) Industry Report 2011”: Yingli Solar Scores Top Marks
The Best Low-Carbon Companies in China 2010
Yingli Solar was named one of the best low-carbon companies in China in 2010 by The Economic Observer, one of the leading economic and management newspapers in China. The award aims to select the best companies in shaping the “low-carbon” era and establishing best practices for others.
China Environmental Friendly Enterprise
In September 2008, Yingli Solar was awarded the title “China Environmental Friendly Enterprise” by the Chinese Ministry of the Environment. This prize is awarded to Chinese companies which have achieved outstanding success in the fields of emission control, conservation of resources, recycling and disposal of industrial waste, the setting up of environmental management systems, as well as ecological production processes.
PV Cycle Module Recycling
In May 2009, Yingli Solar joined the PV CYCLE Association, an international environment-protection organization, as the 40th member and the first photovoltaic enterprise in China. In this organization, Yingli Solar will cooperate with other members in setting targets about the total volume of recycling modules, proposing voluntary recycling agreements, and optimizing the operation mode and development strategy of PV CYCLE.
Best Sports Marketing Award for 2010 FIFA World Cup?
Yingli Solar has received the “Best Sports Marketing Award” for the 2010 FIFA World Cup? by NetEase. As the first Chinese and first renewable energy to sponsor the World Cup, Yingli integrated innovative enterprise and sportsmanship to the highest degree.
One of the Green Sponsors for the 2014 FIFA World Cup
The Yingli Solar has provided solar energy products, totaling 390 KW, to Maracana Stadium and built 8 to 15 solar energy charging stations in the media centers and international media bases in six stadiums, including those of Sao Paulo. Thanks to these products, the 2014 FIFA World Cup became a grand “green event”. During the period of the 2014 FIFA World Cup, Yingli Solar also cooperated with the third parties and reached the goal of “carbon neutral”. It organized the customers to plant trees, and 1,222.6 tons of carbon emissions had been neutralized, making Yingli Solar a “green sponsor”.